Evolution® X5 Satellite Modem
Vessel operators—including commercial shipping, cruise, fishing, offshore and super yachts—rely on satellite to stay in touch with operations on land, increase work productivity and improve the quality of life for seafarers.
Please notice: The Evolution® X5 satellite modem is only suitable for use in combination with KU-band. This modem can not be used for satellite internet via the KA-band. Then the X7 satellite modem of iDirect is recommended.
Fast performance and high-efficiency IP broadband connectivity
The Evolution® X5 Satellite Modem enables higher data rates and greater traffic volumes. The Evolution® X5 Satellite Modem offers dual-mode operation between iNFINITI® TDM or DVB-S2/ACM on the outbound, providing more flexibility for network design and bandwidth optimization. With over-the-air software licensing features it's easy to add data encryption and spread spectrum capabilities to customize the Evolution® X5 Satellite Modem to meet growing requirements.
What makes the iDirect Evolution® X5 Satellite Modem special?
- Extremely tight integration of the hardware and software architecture with a dynamic feature set that makes it highly flexible.
- Enables everything from basic Internet and VoIP, to highly sophisticated application such as video conferencing and digital signage in fixed and mobile environments.
- Automatic Beam Selection (ABS): Global connectivity with no manual intervention across multiple satellite footprints.
- Global tracking: Monitor and manage each traveling remote, ensuring a consistent connection as it passes from network to network around the world.
- Spread Spectrum: Waveform technology supports very small antennas on aircraft, maritime and land-based vehicles.
- High-speed COTM: Features include fast beam-switching, skew angle support, Doppler compensation and fast reacquisition after blockage.
Features Evolution® X5 Satellite Modem
- Star topology
- Two modes of operation: iNFINITI or DVB-S2/ACM outbound
- Adaptive TDMA or SCPC Return channel
- Extremely efficient 2D 16-State inbound coding
- Advanced QoS and traffic prioritization
- Automatic end-to-end Uplink Power Control
- Optional Spread Spectrum waveform technology supports very small antennas
- Optional AES 256-bit encryption
Specs Evolution® X5 Satellite Modem
DVB-S2 or (iNFINITI TDM)
ATDMA or (SCPC Return)
|Modulation||QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK (BPSK, QPSK, 8PSK)||BPSK, QPSK, 8PSK (BPSK, QPSK, 8PSK)|
|FEC||LDPC, 1/4 – 8/9 (Turbo, 0.495 – 0.879)||TPC*, 0.431 – 0.793 2D 16-State, 1/2 - 6/7
(SCPC Return: 2D 16-State, 1/2 - 6/7)
|Max. Symbol Rate||45 Msps1 (15 Msps2)||7.5 Msps3 (15 Msps4)|
|Max. Info Rate||150 Mbps11 (21 Mbps2)||19.2 Mbps3 (38.5 Mbps4)|
|Max. Line Card IP Data Rate||149 Mbps1 (20 Mbps2)||16 Mbps3 (19.3 Mbps4)|
|Max. Remote IP Data Rate||35 Mbps1 (17 Mbps2)||10 Mbps3 (18.9 Mbps4)|
|16APSK 8/9 FEC (2QPSK, .793 FEC)||38PSK 438 6/7 FEC (48PSK 438 6/7 FEC)|
|Spread Spectrum Factor
(Max Rate Mcps)
|Up to 7.5 Mcps
Spreading Factors: 1,2,4,8
|Maximum downstream and upstream data rates cannot be achieved simultaneously
Maximum rates are achieved under optimal conditions and with unlimited NMS
TX Out: Type-F, 950–1700 MHz, +7dBm/-35dBm
RX In: Type-F, 950–2150 MHz, -5dBm (max) composite/ -125+10*log(Fsym)dBm (min) single carrier
Software controllable 10 MHz reference on TX Out and TX In ports
|BUC IFL Interface||+24V, max. 70W, (120W PSU) (please refer to X5 Installation Manual for full list of supported BUCs)|
|LNB IFL Interface||
+19V (Nominal), 500mA max
DiSEqC (Voltage 14V/19V + 22KHz tone)
LAN: Single 10/100, 802.1q VLAN
RS-232: RJ45 (Console connection )
|Protocols Supported||TCP, UDP, ACL, ICMP, IGMP, RIP Ver2, Static Routes, NAT, DHCP, DHCP Helper, Local DNS Caching, OpenAMIP, cRTP and GRE|
|Security||AES Link Encryption (256-bit)**|
|Traffic Engineering||Group QoS, QoS (Priority Queuing and CBWFQ), Strict Priority Queuing, Application Based QoS, Mini-mum CIR, CIR (Static and Dynamic), Rate Limiting|
|Other Features||Built-in Automatic Uplink Power, Frequency and Timing Control, Authentication, Spread Spectrum**, Antenna Control Interface (OpenAMIP)|
|Size (W x D x H)
||11.5 x 9.9 x 2 in (29.2 x 25.1 x 5.1 cm)|
|Weight||4.4 lbs (1.99 Kg)|
0 to +50 C (32 to +122 F) at Sea Level with temperature gradient of 1 C per 1 min
0 to +45 C (32 to +113 F) at 10,000 Feet with temperature gradient of 1 C per 1 min
For ODU power consumption <70W (please refer to X5 Installation Manual for details)
|Humidity Max||90% non-condensing humidity|
|Input Voltage||100–240 VAC Universal Input, 2A, 50–60 Hz|
EN 301-428 v1.3.1 — Ku-Band System Level Specification
EN 301-443 v1.3.1 — C-Band System Level Specification
|Safety Standards||Complies with IEC 60950, EN 60950-1, UL 60950-1, CSA C22.2 No.60950-1-03|
|Emission Standard||Complies with EN 55022 Class B, FCC Part 15 Class B, CISPR 22 Class B, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3|
|EMC/Immunity Standard||Complies with EN 55024, EN 301-489-1, EN 301-489-12, EN 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-4, EN 61000-4-5, EN 61000-4-6, EN 61000-4-11|
|Certification||FCC, CE, and RoHS Compliant|
*Not supported for use with DVB-S2 outbound in iDX 3.0 and above
Did you see this product in another shop for a better price? Please let us know via email@example.com and we will do our best for you.
That's the service TheDishAntennaShop want to provide to you as our customer! You will get a response within 24 hours from us.